Monday, July 16, 2012

I've become a working stiff

Ok, not really, since I don't leave the house and punch in and out on my time card, but I have started working - hence my lack of posts.

Today is the beginning of the 3rd week where I'm watching my cousin Emily. Emily is 5.5 years old and until she starts Kindergarten at the end of September I watch her from 7:30a-5:30p while her mama is at work. We've been keeping very busy and by the time her mama picks her up in the evening I'm busy with dinnertime, then bath time, then bedtime and THEN I'm too pooped to get on the compy and write out a blog post. To summarize we've been doing as of late; we go to story time at the library every Monday, swimming in the apartment complex's pool at least 2-4 times a week, doing arts and crafts projects like making sun-catchers, painting bird houses, making bracelets, doing 4th of July crafts like making red white and blue place-mats, bald eagles and fireworks from hand prints, reading stories, building with blocks, etc etc etc. Not to mention, just the daily stuff like meal time, nap time, and running errands is a lot more work with two kids!

Here are some pictures of what we've been doing while I've been watching Em during the week.







I wish I had more pictures to show, but alas, another thing that falls by the wayside now that I'm caring for two kids (besides my hair and makeup) is the picture-taking. I'm much more worried about making sure no one is running into the street, every one is buckled in, no on is choking, WHY IS SHE CRYING?!, making sure no one is losing an eye from toys being tossed across the room, no one is harassing my dogs, making lunch, cleaning up from lunch, cleaning up glitter, DON'T EAT THE GLUE!, making sure naptime happens, etc., to pull out my good camera and snap pictures. I also just got Emily signed up for activities through the city's parks and rec department so next week things will be a lot busier with driving here and there to her dance, swim and theater activities!

I suppose, if Jeff and I were to have any more kids Bean would be about Emily's age when we had a toddler running around, so if nothing else this is good practice!!

It's naptime now, if I don't get Cars or Tangled playing soon the older chickadee will never fall asleep - gotta go!

1 comment:

Aunt Julie said...

You are awesome, Nicole!