Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandpa

Today would have been my Grandpa's 85 birthday if he were still alive. I wish he was. I wish I could call him and poorly sing into the phone. He would have chuckled and brushed it off, making some comment about how old he was. I would have insisted that it was a big deal. He would have argued. I wish Bean and I could Skype with him today. When he was sick my mom set Skype up on his computer so that we could 'see' each other from opposite sides of the country. He got to 'see' Bean when she was a little bity baby thanks to Skype. I tell her stories about him all the time, but sadly she'll never remember him. I'm thankful for the memories I have of him. I miss him like crazy. I wish I could tell him Happy Birthday and have him respond in his gruff manor. I wish he was turning 85 today.

This picture is from my wedding ♥

I love you, Grandpa! I'll be thinking about you all day today. xoxo

No comments: