Thursday, August 16, 2012

30 Things in 30 Days.... About Me!

(I first came across this challenge on Six Cherries on Top, who linked up with Best of Both Worlds, who originally got the list/inspiration from Hopes and Dreams.) 

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?

19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

12. Describe a typical day in your current life. 
7:15 Wake up
7:30 Emily gets dropped off
8:00 Bean wakes up
8:30 Breakfast
9:00 Errands/Play at the park/library/Bean's room
12:00 Lunch
1:00 Naptime
3:00 Wake up/Snack/Play
3:45-4:30 (depending on the day) Emily gets picked up
5:00 Start prepping dinner
5:30 Cook dinner
6:00 Eat dinner
7:00 Family time
7:30 Bathtime
7:45 PJs/Storytime/Bottle
8:00 Bedtime
8:30 Pick up the house/Finish 'chores' that didn't get done in the day
10:00 Jeff goes to bed, I get on the computer
11:30-12:00 Get ready for bed, lay down, watch TV
12:00-2:00 (depending on how tired/stressed I am) Fall asleep.
This is for M-F, on the weekends it's all the same except I sleep until Bean wakes me up sometime after 8am.

13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have. 
1. I care too much about my friends and family. To the point where I give myself perpetual stomach aches and stress over their lives.
2. I'm insecure. I'm always worried about if people like me, what they're saying about me, what they really think about me, etc.
3. I'm a worry-wort. I think about the what-ifs too much.
4. I'm a control freak. Not always having to make the decisions, etc... but more about stuff I have NO control over. It keeps me up at night wishing I could make something happen, or change something, when it's completely out of my control.
5. I'm sensitive. My feelings get hurt easily. Unfortunately over the years I've stopped coming across as hurt and emotional and now come across as confrontational and angry when someone hurts my feelings. I need to work on it.

14. Describe 5 strengths you have. 
1. I'm loving. If I love you my love for you is fierce. Once you're in my heart it takes a LOT for me to stop caring about you.
2. I'm dependable. If you need me, I'll do everything in my power to be there for you.
3. I'm creative and resourceful. I can make a fun time out of nothing - so long as whoever I'm with allows me to do it and doesn't rain on the parade.
4. I'm sensitive. I know it's in my negative list, but because I'm sensitive I usually root for the underdog and try to find the best in people/silver lining in crappy situations. People sometimes get frustrated at me for this, "Why are you defending him?? Just be pissed with me!!" But I'm sure that underdog appreciates SOMEONE being on their side.
5. I'm protective. If, however, that underdog turns out to actually just be a dog and treating someone I love poorly - repeatedly - I will turn on them in an instant.

15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why? 
A house cat (in a loving home). Their life is lived on their terms, their family love them for their quirks, they leave them be, but when they come around their humans love all over them. They get to gaze outside, nap in the sunlight, sleep 18-20 hours a day, and they're so pretty! ♥

 16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? 
1. My daughter
2. My marriage
3. My 2 college degrees. Even if they don't mean much to the real world they mean something to me.
4.
5.

17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at? 
Being the best mom to Bean that I can. There are days that I feel I rocked at being a Mom, and there are days where I go to bed feeling like I could have/should have done a hundred things differently.

18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive? 
My father's absence. I don't know if I ever forgave him, but I finally accepted it for what it is and let it go. It still irritates me, but I don't have an emotional breakdown when I think about it anymore. I used to take it personally, like he wasn't around because he didn't love me, but I know that he wasn't around because he was an irresponsible, addict, fool of a man. I'm better off with him NOT being in my life. I'm thankful he's not in Bean's either.




Best of Both Worlds

No comments: