Saturday, November 16, 2013

The "whoops! I lost my head!" catch-up post!

Oh, that's right... I have a blog. One I used to write in semi-regularly... Life gets crazy, or perhaps I let it drive me crazy, either way... I got swept under the current for a few months, I can't believe how much time has past since I last updated - I can't believe 2013 is almost over!!, it seems like a different life entirely when I look back at my old posts. I would like to start writing again. I enjoy writing, and I enjoy having something to look back on because with little chitlins running around I often forget things that we did, I forget how little they were, I forget how I was feeling at that time, and it's nice to be able to go back, read, and reflect.

So, as you may have noticed I changed the title of this here bloggy to include our favorite little brother. All the new pretties like my header, the background, and the new About Us section (coming soon when I find a spare minute to write it), is thanks to my good friend Ashley over at Momma on a Mission . We're still "Adventuring in the Foothills of the Rockies" but it's no longer just Bean and I... Finally, formally, introducing Bug! ♥

 

He was born 6.5.13 at 1:45pm. He weighed 8lbs 15oz and was 21.5" long. He had a long and dramatic entrance into this world, but he is strong and healthy and we got to go home after only 3 days in the nicu. (At 5 months old he's now 19lbs and already has his two bottom teeth!)

Another update since my last entry, this little big girl Bean turned 3 back in August!!!


My mind has a hard time (still) wrapping around the fact that she is 3 whole years old. I can't believe I've been a Momma for that long now! She's an amazing big sister, and big helper to our whole family. She loves to be helpful and I love that she has that caring heart! (She is still a little peanut weighing in at 27lbs, but is tall and her hair is finally filling in and getting long-ish.)

Bringing us current, the most recent holiday was Halloween where Bean chose to dress up as Snow White (which I found funny seeing as how she's NEVER seen that movie) and was adorable of course, and we chose to dress Bug in an alligator because we loooooove those Florida Gators! They were both too cute for me to handle! I'm hoping that next year they'll let me coordinate their costumes, but I have a feeling Ms. Bean will have an opinion about that. ;)



I'm excited for Bug to learn to sit up, roll over, and start crawling. He has such a personality and is SUCH a talker. He gets to try solid foods next month, which I don't think will be an issue like it was with our Bean-Girl. He is opposite of his big sissy in almost every way you can think of, but they love love love each other so much and I can't wait to see them grow up together. I'm excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas as a whole family, together in our home. I look at our little family and feel so blessed, so lucky, so happy. ♥

I pinky promise, it won't be so long until I update again. Now that I got this big scary "Hi... I'm back..." post out of the way I won't feel so weird posting about current events as they happen.

Pip-pip-cheerio!! :)

No comments: