Thursday, May 20, 2010

Small introduction

Hi! My name is Nicole, welcome to my blog. I've never kept a public blog before so I'm not sure where to start... so I figured I'd introduce myself and my little family.

I'm 24 years old, married to my best friend Jeff who's 28 and we're expecting our first child - a girl, Madeline - in August 2010. We have three "furbabies" - 2 dogs and 1 cat. They're ridiculously spoiled as they've been our babies for the last 3 years. Jeff and I have been together since May of 2003 and married since April of 2008. We currently live in Las Vegas, NV - where Jeff was born, I moved here when I was almost 8 years old - but hope to move to Ft. Collins, CO "one day"... the sooner the better in my opinion! Jeff works construction and I currently work as an office assistant/receptionist at an architecture firm. Once Madeline is here I'll be quitting my job and taking on my dream job - a stay at home mom!! I can't wait! I know there will be an adjustment period where we have to get used to less money and I'll have to work on time (and stress) management, but we know it's what best for our daughter so we'll make it work!

I wanted to start this blog to have an outlet to talk about my hopes and fears during this pregnancy, as well as to have a place to write about things I'm interested in doing with Madeline once she's here. I'll get into the nitty-gritty of everything in later posts but in summary I plan to have a natural - ie: no pain meds - birth, I plan to exclusively breastfeed, we'll be using cloth diapers and I'll selectively vaccinate my child(ren) as we see fit.

I hope that this blog serves as a way for my family and friends to keep in touch with us - since we all know how busy our schedules can get - as well as hopefully bring in some additional readers, potentially friends, who want to go on this journey with us. :o)

Now, to put our names with our faces... here are some pics!

Here I am:


This is Jeff:


This is Madeline at 20weeks, 6days gestation (I'm currently 26w6d):


These are our dogs. Rambo is the jack russell and Roxanne is the cockapoo:


And this little hellion is Molly, our kitten (pretending to like Rambo in this pic):


I hope that was a proper introduction, like I said I'm new to this blogging thing... but I hope to keep up with it and really use it to it's full potential... now to get some followers! haha! :o)

No comments: