Monday, January 31, 2011

30 Days of Me Photo Challenge: Day Nine

Day Nine: Post a photo of the person who has gotten you through the most. What did this person do for you during your troubled time? What made you turn to them out of everyone else in your life?



Truth be told, I've been blessed enough to not have very many troubled times and the few times where I've hit some bumps in the road I've turned to different people, or to no one at all.

In general, however, my mom has gotten me through the most. She single handedly raised me, provided for me, nurtured me, taught me, comforted me, disciplined me, rewarded me and loved me.

For the first 17 years of my life it was pretty much just me and her. (Then at 17 I started dating Jeff and eventually married him when I was 22, at which point I became his problem. lol!) We didn't live near family for the majority of my life, and I didn't meet my brother and sister until I was in high school, so she was my whole family.

She sacrificed everything for me. Selflessly gave everything she had to be the best mother and father she could for me. And while I wasn't the easiest teenager to deal with (and she will tell you I'm still not always a walk in the park), I learned it from the best ;) and I hope she knows that regardless of my 'tude on any given day I love her and am so thankful that she was picked to be my mom.

No comments: